CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Just a little advice. . .



Here is a picture of my kitchen. When our house was moved to this location in about 1985, the owner had a custom kitchen put in. Granted, it's not a kitchen for 2009, but it functions well. I am debating whether I should paint the cupboards. You know, that gorgeous french white cottage look. I think they would look so clean and make the space look bigger. I want to put beadboard on the sides of the island too. I found a gorgeous backsplash--and for now, I could only do the backsplash, not the countertops. I am having trouble uploading the pic--but if you google American Olean Cache Tile, you will see the gorgeous blue/smoky mink harlequin tile. As many of you know, I work at a furniture/floor covering store and I get a FABULOUS discount--and even at my price, the tiles are OUTRAGEOUS! (Oh and as much as I would LOVE to adopt you so you can have the discount, I really can't. You really don't know how many times I am asked that--or if they can be my husband. Well, uh sorry--I've had the discount since I married him--I'm the one who lucked out.)

Anyway, I love to paint, decorate, etc.--but painting these cupboards is a HUGE leap for me--WHAT IF I MESS UP! Any advice will be appreciated.

1 comments:

Erin said...

I say paint them! It would totally open things up & be bright! I think I need to come visit you someday!

Erin